Our girl is so funny sometimes. The other day M and I were playing with an empty bath tissue roll… batting it around the office and stuff… the girl grabs it right out of our paws and starts babbling about how it would be perfect for some silly thing or the other. Normally, we’d have been pretty annoyed, but it was about time for our afternoon naps anyway, so we figured we’d let her play with it for a while.
When we woke up she was clicking around on Pinterest ….and hacking our toy to pieces! Apparently she’d decided to make a new mirror for the ladies litter-box-room. We have our own private litter-box, but the girl tries to keep the public litter-box room all pretty and stuff…. We’re not allowed in there after the incident with the sink…. Who knew the girl would have such a hissy fit about a little water on the floor!? M & I had a “tiny” water fight… geeze!
Anyway, M & I climbed up on the desk to see what the girl had done to our toy…. apparently she’d been busy while we were napping!
- First, she squashed the roll in half.
- Next she took the bath-tissue roll and cut it into four 1 inch pieces (she’d collected a few other rolls and a paper towel roll or two as well)
- Then she glued five of the pieces together near their points….
OMP it was a flower!
The next day the girl came to the office with a can of spray paint, a mirror and a hot glue gun….
- She spray painted all the “flowers” blue (we made her do this outside, because our noses are sensitive and that stuff stinks)
After our nap the “flowers” had dried and the girl brought them inside.
- She arranged them into a circle around the mirror and then started hot gluing them together.
- Once they were glued into a circle she placed the mirror face down on the flowers and started gluing the mirror to the flowers.
- Two Command Strips later the “Flower Mirror” was attached to the litter-box room wall!
While we did not approve of the destruction of our super fun toy… we do have to agree that the mirror looked pretty good…. and it made the girl awfully happy… and when she is happy she shares her coffee with us (with extra cream!) so it was a win-win after all.
– M &M