Mischief and I are in charge of Airport Security and Hospitality…. so that means we get to throw people out AND throw parties! Parties are my favorite!
Yesterday was one of our favorite human’s birthday, so M & I decided to throw him a surprise birthday party. We had the girl send out an email to invite all of our friends and then we sent her home with a long grocery list and a directions to make chili and cookies (because that is what humans like to eat….. M & I prefer ice cream).
All of our friends came and our pal was super surprised by the party. M & I tried to help set everything up, but the girl didn’t like how we wanted to arrange everything. She suggested we go take a nap in our office… we were pretty worn out from all the setting up we had to do….
Apparently the girl made some pretty good cookies, because when we woke up from our nap they were all gone…. so here is her recipe. If you make them, maybe you could save one or two for us?
We want to send a Meow-Out to our pal, Jeff… Happy Birthday, buddy!
Lemon Gooey Butter Cookies
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix – Strawberry works really well too!
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter. Stir in the egg and vanilla. Add cake mix, and stir until well blended. Roll into 1inch balls and roll the balls in the confectioners’ sugar. Place 1 inch apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 13 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from baking sheets to cool on wire racks.